Genre: Action, Indie, RPG, Strategy
Developer: Luma Arcade
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Release Date: Oct 25, 2013
Current Price: $9.99
- graphics are nice, modern textures and fairly competent layout
- has allies
- lots of achievements
- seems to manage lag extremely well
- 5 classes, different strengths/weaknesses
- Originally released 2010 for windows phone?? is this a joke?
- Kind of a crappy inventory system, just not fluid enough, doesnt auto equip picked up armor or anything
- horrible camera, cannot zoom out enough
- extremely generic 3rd person mmo feeling
- online immediately fails to find game
- map is super in the way always
- maps are horribly designed, just lots of walking down tiny alleyways to whatever point is on screen
- not much loot at all
- picking up loot is automatic, shows name of item for .2 seconds and no stats or any useful information, have to pause game to see stats, game doesnt actually pause and player can be killed trying to read these menus
- character customization is limited to 5 primary and secondary colors (lame)
- playing online has severe balance Issues. Played entire game following party member who was faster than my tank, just picking up items and never fighting anyone, still gained some xp and leveled up but was completely stupid
This game is basically Borderlands 2 for idiots. It’s trying to be hip and have the exact same demographic, unsuccessfully. Everything is so simplified and unbalanced there’s almost no point playing 4/5 classes.
Character customization is totally 1993 with 5 color options, and KittiesAndBacon was too long a character name??
Buying items from the store is just a crap shoot, no way to see advanced anything, only buy the most expensvie at the time and hope for the best, which only takes like 10 minutes to gain enough cash for.
Item drops in game are 99% garbage, just fills up inventory and when I get bored of walking around I spend too long seeing if any are worth more than what ive got equipped and sell the rest off. There are nowhere near enough useful item drops.
This game is not fun, theres no value in playing, the story and quests are for preschoolers. Noone should care about this game, it’s been study grouped to absolute death and has no soul. It’s published by microsoft, rated E, designed to be bought by everyone and loved by none. This is a 3 year old windows phone re-release by a company who has no experience in the pc game market. This is nothing but a pitiful cash grab before the holiday season so they can continue to fund IOS development. Horribly poor effort. $15 much better spent on any number of things, such as a broom or those blue tablet things to make your toilet water go blue.
There are countless free to play games offering this same experience, more refined, and with many many more options. I recommend googling those.
Review Score: 3/10
About the Game
In this science-fiction-themed action RPG set in a distant future, hostile aliens are out to turn Earth’s organic life into cyborgs. These aliens, known as The Harvesters, use humans and animals to create cyborgs: crude amalgamations of flesh and machinery.
Thanks to the development of human controlled mechanized infantry units, you and the rest of mankind may finally have a chance to fight back. As a member of the Global Defense Force (GDF), you and your fellow freedom fighters have been deployed to various parts of the world to wage a war against The Harvesters in hope of restoring Earth to its rightful owners.
The Harvest game world provides not only visceral combat, but opportunities for exploration, character customization, and story progression. As you make your way through each challenge, you must not only fight off wave after wave of The Harvester horde, but find hidden upgrades, perform story actions, and defeat large and imposing enemy boss units in order to move on to the next challenge.
Stunning 3D graphics
Multiple playable characters – including 2 all-new high-powered mechs – each with unique abilities
Synchronous Co-Op Multiplayer
A huge arsenal of upgrade options
A deep and intriguing story line that will keep you coming back for more
OS: Windows 7
Processor: 1.5 Ghz Processor or Greater
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 500 MB available space